Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Positive Communities

On Tuesday, my ex-co-worker always ask me to join her community from her church. It is a Christian Youth Community from Harvest Mission Community Church. It is such a great experience even from very the first time when I was there. They are majority Indonesian who were go abroad and stay back to Indonesia so they do all the communication in English.  
The community is so open to new members and as I see, they do the talk.

What we are doing?
First, we pray first before dinner. After dinner, we will enter a worship time by singing to prepare into Bible study session. We will be asked to find a partner there and sharing about your relationship Jesus, their life, etc, and pray each others.
After that, we will divided by some groups to be a smaller group to discuss about some Passages on the Bible. There will be some questions to help us elaborate the Words.
On my last meeting with them, someone share about how she must die for herself in order to follow Jesus. She died from her dream. She had been hurt by her decision but then she realize, obeying God is the only choice. I learn a lot from her testimonial. I know, it's not only me who have been hurt when we have to obey God. After sharing session and reflection of the Words to our life, we will gather back to the big group and make a conclusion from the Passage. Someone will pray to close the meeting. Then, if you don't have any vehicle to back home, someone will give you a ride or you can back together by taxi. Before go home, usually we will have some chit-chat to know each other more.

What make them different from other community I have ever join are:    
- They do not shy to speak out what is on their mind about the Gospel.
- They do not shy to pray each other in the public, even their Pastor not think about his dignity to be prayed after the meeting by someone.
- They are, both girls or boys, participate actively to serve each others in many areas.
- They are always follow up about other's relationship with God.

On Wednesday, I join Jakarta Motivators Toastmaster. Actually, for this month I just come once which is today. Hahaa... It is not because I am lazy but sometimes I just feel too tired after study on Campus and do not wanna go anywhere. When I'm back there, I realize I missed a lot of things there. On that place, I always get positive atmosphere to my self to learn, and motivate again to improve my self because all of my friends there are too awesome. Hahaa. My target is to finish my project before Christmas. Now, I am on the 7 project from 10. Hahaa..

Keeping myself in the positive environment makes me away from my negative thought. I hope I can keep doing this activities. They keep remind me that I am too blessed to be stressed.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

alone and lonely.

Semakin tua dan dewasa, aku semakin menyadari betapa sulitnya menerima "it is what it is". Apalagi jika tidak sesuai dengan pemiki...