Wednesday, December 14, 2011

what's best friend really mean?

Nowadays, I've been thinking about friendship. What is a friendship mean? What is a friend mean? and... What is a best friend mean?

Do you have a best friend? I'm sure everybody has friends, at least everybody has one, but maybe not everybody has a best friend.

In my life, I've been making so many friends and a few best friends. I can not get close either trust somebody easily. But I'm very welcome if somebody wanna be my friends.
But this one last year, I feel so different. I can get close to people easier than before and it makes me have more friends and more fun. I enjoy every moments I share with them. They are a gift from God.
Sometime, friendship works on me. But sometime, it doesn't.
I do a lot of things with friends. For me, friends are somebody whom I share time, things, feelings, minds, and many more with.
As an introvert, I've been being selective about "who the person that I can tell my privacy with". I'm sure that some extroverts do the same, but we do more. HAHA.. And I called the choosen as "best friend".

So far, I have about four best friends. Two of them are friends in college, one of them is my high school friend, and the another is a partner on sunday school.
And I was wrong to think about best friend.
I thought best friends MUST ALWAYS there when I NEED them.
I thought best friends MAY NOT leave me.

and when two of my best friends just have got their own boyfriend. Of course I'm happy for them but they are getting far from me.
I think they don't need me anymore, that's why I start to ignore them.

But I was WRONG. TOTALLY WRONG.

I just have reliazed that I should BE a best friend and NOT EXPECT someone being a best friend for me.

I'm so blessed that Jesus gives me so much examples. I learn from Him. Honestly, sometime I ignore Jesus presence in my life. Sometime I can't think clearly and become so busy with my own businesses.
I'm so thankful He always remember me all the ways. He always realize me when I'm getting far from Him. He teaches me how to love others with a genuine heart. Now I can understand how to BE a BEST FRIEND.

I have to provide my ears when they want to tell me about their problems even though they are not around when I need to tell them about mine.
I have to provide my hands to help them when they need it even though they are not around when I need theirs.
I have to cheer them up when they feel sad even though they are not around when I need to be cheer.
I have to be a shoulder to cry on when they feel so sad even though they are not around when I cry a lot.

Because Jesus do those things to me.. He never ignore me even though sometime I make Him sad. He is my best friend and I've been trying to be His best friend as well.
Thank you, Jesus. Now I see what a best friend really means :')

No comments:

Post a Comment

alone and lonely.

Semakin tua dan dewasa, aku semakin menyadari betapa sulitnya menerima "it is what it is". Apalagi jika tidak sesuai dengan pemiki...